(peripheral MIDI controller)
Currently, there are 3 separate programs:
kmidic (kinect midi controller) - Mac only (Processing version)
kmidic (kinect midi controller) - Windows only (C# version)
pmidic (peripheral midi controller) - Windows only (C++ version)
The goal is to merge them into one program that can run on Windows, Mac OS X and *nix.
The final program will give you the option of using a webcam, a Kinect or both at the same time.
- Ben X Tan -
(most recent first)
- kmidic processing v0.2 - Mac only (requires Processing)
- kmidic processing v0.1 - Mac only (requires Processing)
- kmidic v0.3 - Windows only (stand alone app) - ON HOLD
- kmidic v0.2 - Windows only (stand alone app)
- kmidic v0.1 - Windows only (stand alone app)
- sourceforge (old version of pmidic) - Windows only (stand alone app)
- kmidic v0.3 - Ability to talk to other MIDI software (e.g. Ableton Live) and hardware (not released yet)
- kmidic v0.2 - Ability to limit notes to one scale (C Major)
- kmidic v0.1 - Ability to use Kinect to control MIDI
(in no particlar order)
- Use libfreenect library instead of CL NUI
- Integrate kmidic functionality into old pmidic code (or vice versa)
- This includes:
- Ability to configure MIDI output of each dimension (XYZ) of each point of interest
- Polyphonic support
- Mac OS X support
- Track multiple points of interest on multiple skeletons
- Ability to use either webcam or Kinect
- Ability to customise scales
- More to come!
- Send me requests on twitter or facebook!